The Nintendo Switch Indie presentation showed new videos of several games along with release dates for Axiom Verge 2 and Eastward.
During its Indie World presentation, Nintendo unveiled a variety of games coming to Nintendo Switch, all brought to life by various independent publishing and development partners from around the world. Others, such as seven games launching today, including Axiom Verge 2, and the announcement that Eastward will be coming to Nintendo Switch exclusively on September 16, were featured at the presentation. important points took place.
All announcements made at the Nintendo Switch Indie presentation
Other games featured in the presentation include Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, a graffiti-action-adventure game by Team Reptile; Loop Hero, an innovative card-based RPG from Four Quarters and Devolver Digital; Metal Slug Tactics, a brand new interpretation of the Metal Slug series from Leikir Studios and Dotemu; Necrobarista: Final Pour, an anime-style visual novel about coffee and death from Route 59 and Coconut Island Games; and Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon, an action-packed puzzle adventure mix from Vine and Yacht Club Games.
In addition to Axiom Verge 2 and Eastward, release dates for several other games from the previous Indie World presentation have been announced: Garden Story by Picogram/Rose City Games and Boyfriend Dungeon by Kitfox Games will launch on Nintendo Switch later today.
More details on featured titles:
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk – Team Reptile: In this graffiti-action-adventure game, players grind, paint and combo to become the All City King, one of the top graffiti writers in a growing metropolis. They can expand their team with additional playable characters and use the intuitive cheat system to move around the city. All this is supported by the beats of master artists, including Hideki Naganuma. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch in 2022.
- TOEM – Something We Made: A casual, hand-drawn adventure game where players embark on a delightful expedition and use their photographic eyes to uncover the mysteries of the TOEM of the same name. Solving their problems by talking to interesting characters and taking neat pictures, players can traverse a variety of different, relaxing areas inspired by the Scandinavian countryside. TOEM is coming to Nintendo Switch in the fall of 2021.
- Loop Hero – Four Quarters/Devolver Digital: Instead of playing as the hero in this innovative card-based RPG, players must create the world the hero passes through. Using an expanding deck of mystical cards, players will place enemies, buildings and terrain throughout each unique exploration cycle the hero explores. Powerful loot can be collected and equipped for each hero class, and the more cycles a player completes, the more their options expand, unlocking new cards, hero classes, and guardian bosses along the way. Loop Hero is coming to Nintendo Switch this winter.
- FAR: Changing Tides – Okomotive/Frontier Foundry: Embark on a new journey in this atmospheric vehicular adventure set in the post-apocalyptic universe first introduced in FAR: Lone Sails. Players can captain their own maritime vessels and explore a vast flooded landscape, battle powerful storms and overcome riddles as they embark on a journey to find a new home. An emotional, meditative journey that requires no prior knowledge of the FAR series. FAR: Changing Tides is coming to Nintendo Switch in early 2022.
- Necrobarista: Final Pour – Route 59/Coconut Island Games: In a story about coffee and death, this anime-style visual novel follows a dynamic cast of characters as they navigate Melbourne’s fantastic coffee culture, questionable witchcraft ethics and dark witchcraft. This expanded Director’s Cut of the original game features new story content and remastered visuals. There’s even a new Studio mode where players can create their own dialogues and stories. Necrobarista: Final Pour will be released exclusively for Nintendo Switch later today.
- Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon – Vine/Yacht Club Games: Use Puzzle Knight as your guide, battle enemies, recover ruins and battle enemies both new and familiar in this action-packed puzzle adventure mix. Gather enemies together to unleash massive chain attacks and retrieve keys, potions and treasures as you try to escape the mysterious Pocket Dungeon. More than ten heroes will be available, each with their own special power and playstyle. You can even go head-to-head with a friend in local multiplayer*. Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon launches for Nintendo Switch in winter 2021
- ISLANDERS: Console Edition – GrizzlyGames/Coatsink: This relaxing, procedurally generated strategy game lets you develop an island by placing buildings from your inventory. Collect enough points and get more buildings to keep growing your island settlement. Then, when you can’t build more, start from scratch and build it all over on a different island. With its minimalist approach, intuitive mechanics and almost endless colorful islands to build on, ISLANDERS allows you to recreate the city of your dreams over and over in no time. ISLANDERS: Console Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch later today.
- Metal Slug Tactics – Leikir Studio/Dotemu: A new take on Metal Slug that takes the classic action franchise to a new dimension, Metal Slug Tactics retains fan-favorite elements like detailed pixel art and explosive action, but adds tactical combat mechanics and mixes roguelike elements. Players will control familiar Metal Slug heroes like Marco, Tarma, Fio and Eri in fast-paced, dynamic battles. Positioning is crucial as a tactical game – placing your troops correctly on the battlefield can activate the Synchronization skill, where multiple heroes deal extra damage to the enemy. Get ready for a whole new Metal Slug experience when Metal Slug Tactics launches for Nintendo Switch in 2022.
- Tetris® Effect: Connected – Monstars Inc., Resonair and Stage Games/Enhance: This version of Tetris Effect includes not only the single-player Journey mode, but also the competitive Territory Battle mode, as well as the cooperative Connected mode where players can clear all three playing fields as one. It also includes cross-platform multiplayer, so it’s easier to find people to play with or against. When Tetris Effect: Connected arrives on Nintendo Switch on October 8, players will be able to take the Tetris Effect experience with them
- Eastward – Pixpil/Chucklefish: Explore the post-apocalyptic world in Eastward, an action-adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements. In a society on the brink of collapse in the near future, a hardworking miner named John discovers a young girl named Sam in a secret underground facility. This unlikely couple will embark on an emotional journey to discover the truth, travel through a wonderfully bizarre world and explore bustling towns, curious campgrounds and shady forests. Eastward is coming to Nintendo Switch on September 16, 2021, and pre-orders begin today on the Nintendo eShop.